Canon Pixma MX492 is one of the reasonably-priced, and space-saving canon printer models present out there. The printer is small in size and also light in weight. You can connect the printer on desktop and mobile. It offers you more explicit pictures because of the presence of 4800×1200 dpi. It is easy to set up an MX492 printer if you know the complete setup. After setting up the printer, you will have to connect the printer to the computer. Check out the whole process to connect the printer to the computer.
Things You Need to Perform Canon MX492
Before you proceed with the connectivity process, there are certain things that you will need. Check out the list below.
- A wireless router
- Stable and reliable internet connection
- A computer or laptop.
Proceed with Canon Pixma MX492 Printer
You can use different methods to connect your printer to the computer. Other than this, you will have to follow additional steps for different operating systems and kinds of setup. Below we have explained each method in detail.
Connect MX492 To Mac
- First, you will have to perform the Canon MX492 initial setup, and also, you need to make sure that the printer’s ink cartridges have enough ink.
- Next, you will have to start your router and then begin the wireless setup.
- Now, you will have to turn on the Wifi network on the printer.
- When done, choose the WLAN setup option to set up your printer.
- After this, you will have to press the Wifi button on the wifi router.
- You will then have to choose the manual setup option under the WLAN setup tab.
- When done, you will have to visit the official canon website or ij.start.cannon and then download the driver for your printer.
- Next, you will have to select the network and connect your Canon printer to Mac.
- You will have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the driver installation process.
- When the process is complete, you will have to print a test page from your printer.
Connect MX492 To Windows
- First, you will have to turn on your Canon MX492 printer.
- Next, you will have to make sure to turn on the router also.
- When done, you will have to connect the printer and the system to the same network.
- You will then have to install the Canon printer drivers using the CD. Other than this, you can also download and install the drivers from the official website of Canon or visit ij.start.cannon.
- You will have to click on the downloaded .exe file and then start the Canon printer driver installation process.
- When done, you will have to select the printer from the available printers list.
- After this, you will have to choose Next and proceed with the process.
- Now, you will have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
Connect MX492 To Wifi
- Before you proceed with connecting your canon pixma mx492 printer to wifi, you will have to make sure that you have set up the printer correctly. Here are all the steps that you need to follow to connect the printer to wifi.
- First, you will have to turn on the printer and then choose the setup tab.
- Next, you will have to click on the WLAN setup tab and click on the OK button.
- When done, you will have to choose the cableless setup tab.
- You will have to install the Canon print application on the device and then start the application on the system.
- After this, you need to click on the option to add a printer.
- Now, choose the register printer option and then select the printer setup option. Next, you will have to click on connect via the Wireless router option.
- Following this, follow all the steps appearing on the screen to complete the printer setup.
- You will then have to type your wireless network key, connect the printer, and tap on the OK button.
Troubleshoot Issues While Connecting Printer To Computer
- Now, sometimes a user may come across different issues while connecting the printer to the system. So, you will have to troubleshoot those issues with the steps mentioned below.
- If your printer is not online, you will have to make sure to check the connection. Also, set the printer as your default printer.
- Another standard method that you can use to eliminate the printer issues is that you clear all the present printing jobs from the queue.
- If the printer is not working, you will have to make sure to turn on the printer and make sure that the printer is active.
- In case the printer fails to print, you will have to make sure that all the printer drivers are up to date and also, you have removed all the papers from the printer correctly.
This is it. This was the entire process to connect the printer to the computer. We have tried explaining each method in detail for your convenience. We hope this guide has benefitted you. If you still have issues, you will have to talk to the support team. You can also learn how a security camera can help