It’s that time of year again when everyone is getting ready to spring clean their homes. It can be a daunting task, especially if you don’t have the time or energy to do it yourself. That’s where residential home cleaning companies come in handy.
However, before you hire one, there are some things you need to keep in mind. This blog post will discuss six mistakes to avoid while hiring a residential home cleaning company.
1. Hiring A Company That Has No Reviews Or Testimonials
When looking for a home cleaning company, you should first check out their reviews. It will give you an idea of what to expect from them. If they don’t have any reviews, that’s a red flag. You should ask for testimonials from past clients.
Testimonials will give information like:
- How well the company did
- If they were on time
- If they were respectful
- If they did a good job overall.
You can also check out online directories like Angie’s List and Home Advisor to get reviews of local companies.
2. Ask For A List Of References If Possible
You must ask for a list of references from the home cleaning company if they give you a hard time or refuse to provide one, another red flag. A good Professional Home Cleaning Service in Edmond will have no problem giving you a list of references.
When you call the references, be sure to ask questions like:
- How long have they used the service
- What do they think of the quality of work
- If they would recommend the company.
If you get positive feedback from the references, you can move forward with hiring the company.
3. Check to See If the Company Is Insured and Bonded
There are different types of insurance provided by residential home cleaning companies:
- General liability insurance protects you from third-party claims of bodily injury or property damage arising out of your business operations.
- Professional liability insurance- It protects you from customer lawsuits alleging that your company failed to provide the expected level of cleaning service.
- Worker’s compensation insurance- this type of insurance is required by law in most states if you have employees. It covers medical expenses and lost wages for employees injured on the job.
A Professional Home Cleaning Service in Edmond will have all the proper insurance.
Bonded companies also offer a level of protection to customers. This type of bond protects you from financial loss if a bonded employee steals from you or causes damage to your property.
4. Make Sure They Will Provide You with A Written Contract Before Starting Work
A written contract is crucial when hiring any home service company. The contract should outline the scope of work and the price and payment terms.
Some vital factors to check in the contract include:
- The total price for the services to be rendered
- A schedule of when the cleaning will take place
- The specific tasks that will be performed during each cleaning session
- Any guarantee or warranty that is offered
- The payment terms
Make sure you understand everything in the contract before you sign it. Don’t hesitate to ask the company to explain anything you don’t understand. Once you’re satisfied with the contract, sign it and keep a copy for your records.
5. Not Asking for Warranty of The Work
If you are hiring Wood Floors Cleaning Service in Oklahoma, you should also ask about the warranty of their work.
Inquire if they offer any guarantee on the quality of their workmanship. For example, will they come back and fix it at no extra cost if something goes wrong?
A Warranty Should Include:
- The length of time the warranty is valid
- What exactly is covered under the warranty
- What you need to do to keep the warranty in force
- The contact information for claiming the warranty
Ensure you get all this information in writing so there are no misunderstandings later on.
6. Not Checking the Tools and Equipment Used
You should always ask about the cleaning products they use and if they have any eco-friendly or green options available.
You should also ask about the type of equipment they use. For example, will they use a power washer to clean your siding? If so, make sure they have the proper safety gear and will take precautions to avoid damaging your property.
You should also ask if they use vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters to remove dust and allergens from your home.
Residential cleaning is a big industry, and there are a lot of reputable companies out there to choose from. Do your research, ask around, and get quotes before making your final decision. Ensure to hire licensed and insured professionals and always get everything in writing.