Neurologists Are the Most Specialized Doctors to Deal with Stroke Patients
A stroke is a sudden interruption in the blood flowing to the brain, which leads to neurological issues. The interruption caused to blood flow can be due to a blockage that leads to more chronic stroke or internal bleeding in the brain that can further cause a brain haemorrhage.
Causes of stroke
There are different types of strokes caused due to various reasons:
- Ischemic stroke: It accounts for 80% of cases, and it occurs when the arteries to the brain become narrow or get blocked due to plaque.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: It occurs when a brain blood vessel starts leaking or gets ruptured due to excessive use of blood-thinning medication or high blood pressure.
- Transient ischemic stroke (TIA): Often called a ‘mini-stroke’ which develops due to less blood supply to the brain but causes no tissue damage or lasting symptoms.
TIA is a warning sign for a possible future stroke treated as a neurological emergency.
Get a neurologist if you experience a stroke
If you are reclaiming your health after a stroke and want the care, visit South Valley Neurology for the best rehabilitation as it is an important part of the recovery process. The neurologist can help you recover your cognitive abilities and ensure you heal properly.
They have the most accurate and innovative neurological treatment and testing facilities that the team uses for helping patients convalesce from a stroke to lead a normal healthy life.
This community-based multispecialty neurological practice works hard to provide the perfect neurological care with compassion and understanding of their conditions.
The team consists of board-certified neurologists with proper training providing 100% focus, attention, and energy to each patient. The medical team and other staff are fully aware of the emotional needs of their patients and work closely with them to ease their fears and restore calmness.
Schedule an appointment today to learn more about the treatment for a stroke.
Symptoms of a stroke
Warning signs may include:
- Dizziness, nausea, or vomiting.
- Confusion, disorientation, or memory loss.
- Severe headache.
- Feeling of weakness or numbness in the leg, arm, or face, especially on one side.
- Abnormal or slurred speech.
- Vision loss or difficulty in seeing.
- Difficulty in walking, losing balance and coordination.
The early diagnosis of a stroke, its treatment, and prevention can be undertaken by neurosurgeons. A neurologist would be able to diagnose immediately the kind of stroke and the exact location of brain damage. Such a rapid diagnosis is crucial for a successful treatment.
The rehabilitation can be started after the treatment that involves special neurologists. It includes:
- Physical therapy involves exercises, massage, and heat that help patients regain strength in their legs and arms, and also avoid muscle stiffness for those who have paralysis.
- Speech therapy helps the patients to regain the ability to speak.
- Occupational therapy helps patients regain independent functions and relearn basic skills like getting dressed, bathing, preparing a meal, etc.
Modern treatments for strokes have reached an advanced stage of development that has made neuro-interventional treatments possible. These treatments provide excellent alternatives for all forms of stroke treatments. Hence, get in touch with a good neurologist for the after-care and rehabilitation process and proper recovery after a stroke.