The best way to weatherize your home is to install spray foam insulation in Toronto. It’s perfect for new construction and existing dwellings that need to be retrofitted with insulation. Once applied, spray foam is one of the best insulators available on the market. Your home will stay warm in winter and cool in summer with its airtight seal.
If you’re considering spray foam in Toronto, you probably have some questions about it. Here you can find all the answers.
What is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation’s scientific name is polyurethane foam (PUF). It is an air sealant and an insulation material that helps create an air barrier. The polyurethane is sprayed on, expanding in seconds to fill the gaps and cracks in your home, creating a seamless seal. Spray foam seals around conduits, such as electrical wires and plumbing pipes.
Spray foam in Toronto has been used for almost 60 years in the construction industry and has grown to become the most popular insulation worldwide.
Benefits Of Insulating Your Home With Spray Foam Insulation
The benefits of spray foam are numerous. First, spray foam insulation will save you money on your annual energy expenses.Your home will be more comfortable all year long due to the reduced heat transmission, and your cooling and heating bills will be reduced by up to 50%.Some other benefits include:
- Foam insulation can help you in saving a lot on energy costs. It reduces the need for temperature control means like heating and air conditioning systems.
- It increases the value of your home. An energy-efficient house is a valuable one. Installing spray foam insulation can help improve the resale value of your property.
- Spray foam acts as an air barrier trapping dust, pollen, and allergens from entering your home from outside, which can be very beneficial for people with respiratory diseases such as asthma or allergies.
- Spray foam is more effective at sealing air leaks than any other insulation. It fills every nook and cranny and keeps cold air out of your home. That means fewer drafts and a more consistent temperature throughout your home.
- It reduces moisture build-up. Moisture build-up in your attic or crawl space can lead to mold growth or structural damage to your roof or foundation. Spray foam prevents this by creating an effective air barrier that helps keep moisture out.
- One of the essential things about spray foam insulation in Toronto is eco-friendly. When you use spray foam, you are not using materials that can potentially harm the environment.
Who Can Do Spray Foam Insulation?
To accomplish your spray foam project, you’ll need to employ a professional contractor.They have been trained to know how much product is needed for the job and apply it correctly. They must have prior experience because poor application of the material can lead to more significant trouble in the future, such as mold spores or structural damage.
How Much Does Spray Foam Insulation Cost?
It generally depends on the type of property you have. If you plan the right way, you can save a good amount on foam insulation. You can easily hire a good Toronto Spray foam company for $600 to $1500 per 1000 square feet. Don’t forget to get quotations from various companies before finalizing one.
How Do I Get Started?
The first thing you have to decide on isfinalizing a company. Make sure you hire a certified company that has been doing business for a long time. You might also inquire if any of your neighbors or acquaintances have used spray foam on their property. Most companies will provide quotes for free, but some may charge a fee. So, get quotes, shortlist the companies and select the best one that meets your budget.